A Tribe Called Quads by Andrew Smit is designed to help the beginner-to-intermediate rudimental player get their start in basic marching tenor drumming. The book starts with a foundation of basic drumming skills that are then applied to various quad logistics, skills, and variables. Each solo addresses a new skill unique to tenor drumming while progressively getting more and more challenging. This book is suitable for private lessons or for sectional rehearsals in marching band or indoor drumline. A Tribe Called Quads allows students to be fluent in many of the motions, shapes, and overall vernacular of playing the marching tenor drums.
A Tribe Called Quads contains the following etudes:
• Maiden Voyage | Med-Easy | 1’15”
• Diddle Sandwich | Med-Easy | 1’05”
• Para-Trip-a-Stick-a-Diddle | Medium | 1’05”
• Flamazon Prime | Medium | 1’30”
• Kane Bub | Medium | 1’20”
• Criss-Cross Applesauce | Med-Advanced | 1’05”
• Barely Scraping By | Med-Advanced | 1’20”
• A Tribe Called Quads | Med-Advanced | 1’55”
A Tribe Called Quads ships as a fully-bound book with a sleek color cover design and includes reference audio recordings in downloadable format with performance videos available online.