Adams Soloist Series Xylophones feature a choice between prime Honduras Rosewood, Light Rosewood, Pau Rose or durable synthetic Zelon bars. Soloist series Xylophones include many of the same great designs and features found on our higher end Concert Series Xylophone including precision computer assisted tuning to the sixth overtone, securely welded resonators, and our patented easily adjustable Apex Frame System. An Endurance Field Frame is also available to fit both our 3.5 and 4.0 octave instruments should you need to take your Xylophone outdoors.
Main features include:
– Pau Rose Wood – Offering a bright, sharp sound, Pau Rosa is an excellent, economical alternative to Honduras Rosewood for Xylophone Bars.
– Easily adjust to the player’s height.
– Vinyl wrapped rails and powder coated resonators for durability.
– Resonators feature welded construction, and are suspended from the frame on rubber isolation mounts, eliminating the possibility of any mechanical noise or vibration.
– Quint tuning has a fifth tuned in between the fundamental and double octave for the short, penetrating sound that cuts through the largest ensembles. Quint tuning was the used on the classic American Xylophones of the 20s and 30s. Octave tuning has the first overtone the two octaves above the fundamental for a clear and brilliant sound, and is mostly popular in Europe.
– Soft Bag sets and flight cases are available for protection during transport.
The Adams Apex mallet frame is designed to provide the best possible sound, to deliver a frictionless experience, and to surprise with astonishing and modern looks, the Adams Apex frame reaches a new peak in design. Apex replaces the Voyager and Traveller frames.
Range: 4 octave (C4-C8)
Tuning: 442Hz standard (440, 441, 443, 444 by special order)
Bar Material: Pau Rose
Bar Size: 38.5 – 43mm
Dimensions: Low Width 720mm, High Width 520mm, length 1610mm
Height Adjustment: 820-1020mm
Includes drop cover and 1 pair of XB6 mallets